Essay writing planning
The Part 1 question will be an essay for a provided topic. A couple of notes on the subject will be supplied, and can consist of three bullet points. Prospects are going to be asked to choose two regarding the bullet points also to base their essay on those two points. They need to perhaps perhaps perhaps not try to talk about more than two regarding the points, since this may resulted in essay being less developed than required. Candidates will additionally be expected to spell out which of this two points is more essential in an offered respect, and also to provide grounds for their viewpoint.
linked to the bullet points. .
AN ESSAY is generally written for the tutor that is academic might be a follow-up to a task, such as for example going to a panel conversation or viewing a documentary. It ought to be well organised, with an introduction, clear development, plus an appropriate summary. within the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) composing paper .
– Use the duty input to assist you prepare but you will need to avoid copying expressions through the input in component 1. make use of your words that are own.
- INTRODUCTION and CONCLUSION
– Effective introductory and paragraphs that are concluding. Within the introduction, state the subject obviously, offer a quick outline associated with problem, saying why it’s important or why individuals have various viewpoints about any of it.
– USUALLY DO NOT express you viewpoint at the start of your essay (develop you essay in a way so it guides your reader towards the summary you draw).
– DO offer your viewpoint when you look at the paragraph that is final.
- SECOND and THIRD PARAGRAPHS
– plan your argument. Each new paragraph has one primary concept, stated in a subject phrase.
– consist of appropriate details to guide the primary concept: these might consist of examples, rhetorical questions (do no overdo it), controversial or astonishing statements. In the event that you consist of a downside, give a solution that is possible too.
– DO use a somewhat formal register and an objective tone. Don’t let yourself be too psychological.
– make sure to make use of adverbials that are linking organise your opinions also to ensure it is simple for your reader to check out your argument.
– into the exam, enable your self time for you to look at your grammar, spelling and punctuation completely.
Model concerns and responses
Essay 1 – Model question
Your course has attended a panel conversation about what techniques governments should used to discourage the usage of personal automobiles at the heart regarding the town. The notes have been made by you below.
Write an essay for the tutor, speaking about two of this practices in your records. You should explain which method you believe is more crucial for type essays governments to take into account, providing reasons to guide your viewpoint.
You may possibly, if you want, utilize the opinions indicated when you look at the conversation however you should make use of your own terms so far as feasible. Write your essay in 220-260 words within an appropriate design.
Essay 1 – Model solution
Too much traffic is a major hassle for all when you look at the city because of the sound, air pollution and, needless to say, terrible delays throughout the rush hour. How do the federal government minimize traffic and dissuade folks from driving their vehicles in to the centre each and every day? In this article, i shall talk about two feasible ways to this pressing issue that is yet complex.
The option that is first give consideration to is definitely a training campaign which may include artistic and radio marketing, presentations to organizations and special designated times such as ‘Walk to focus time’. When compared to cost that is high of updating our general public transport system, advertising is fairly low-cost and simple to implement. Having said that, it is hard to assess the effectiveness of these campaign ahead of time since it depends on people changing their ingrained practices.
A second alternative would be to levy an income tax on parking into the town. This may be applied both to companies and straight to consumers. Although it is real that this could have instant gains in revenue and alter behavior, taxes are unpopular and might additionally put pressure that is unfair smaller businesses and folks that do not need other transportation alternatives for work.
A multi-faceted education campaign would be the most effective starting point in my view. In the foreseeable future, a income tax might be a potential choice nonetheless it could be tolerated better when citizens are educated in regards to the great things about fewer automobiles and an even more pedestrianised centre.
Essay 2 – Model question
Your course has attended a panel conversation on the action governments may take to advertise health insurance and physical fitness among young adults. The notes have been made by you below.
Write an essay for the tutor, speaking about two of this actions in your records. You should explain which action you might think is much more essential, providing reasons to guide your viewpoint.
You might, if you want, utilize the opinions indicated through the conversation you should make use of your very own terms so far as feasible.
Write your essay in 220-260 terms within an appropriate design.
Essay 2 – Model solution
We usually read about the countless great things about physical fitness. Nonetheless, less often do we hear tangible ideas for just how to enhance involvement prices, especially among young adults. In this essay I will talk about two actions that are possible governments could concentrate on so that you can market physical fitness to youth today.
The very first action that is possible to boost physical training teaching in schools. Regional pupils have actually in certain cases reported that the curriculum is rigid and emphasises repetitive tasks in place of team sports and satisfaction. Better part models and much more adventurous choices can lead to improved mindset and involvement. Obviously, employing professional sports instructors would incur cost that is considerable.
A last option would be to try to replace the extremely competitive attitudes that seem ingrained in a lot of associated with activities tournaments for youths. Whenever grownups such as for example parents and instructors give attention to winning above having a very good time, it sets undue strain on the participants. They could feel a feeling of failure when they lose and additionally be less likely to want to try a sport that is new.
In conclusion, either approach will be one step into the right way. In my own view, it could be smart to prioritise working with reducing competition first it would help young people feel better about the sports they already do because I believe. They might then, in change, influence their friends to participate in.